I have such good intentions for this blog. Really, I do. But somehow days turn into weeks and the next thing I know November is here & I haven't posted anything since Ryder's birthday. I am definetly not a poster child for blogging. Just know, those intentions...they're good.
Some of you (by some of you I am referring to one of my 4 followers) may be curious why this is called the "Diary of a Fun Ruiner" because, let's face it, I'm a damned good time. That's right. This girl doesn't ruin fun everywhere she goes, she's only ruinin' the fun on the home-front. Yes, friends, I'm the Debbie Downer at home. I mean, someone has to keep the kids from jumping from the top of the stairs and since the husband tends to be much more lax about these things than I am...well, the kids see me as the fun ruiner. And I wear that hat with a smile because somedays ruining fun is all it's cracked up to be. You mess with the bull, you get the horns.
I thought I would take a moment to share with you some of the ways I've ruined the fun around here this week. In fact, perhaps Fridays can be Fun Ruining Moments...oh hell, who I am kidding? It's a grand idea though.
1. I made Ryder eat his lunch before he could watch the Tigger Movie today. This led to a 20 minute melt-down from the little guy who I believe was trying to flip me the bird. But I showed him! He had lunch and I made him take a nap.
2. I made Emmerson actually lay down and take a nap today. You may think this isn't exactly fun ruining material, but I assure you, she was mad at me. Who needs a nap when there is coloring to do?? Me. That's who. Now quiet down, mommy's tired.
3. Wouldn't let Emmerson have a cup of chocolate milk before bed last night. GASP. That's right kid, you get the white stuff or you'll have nothing at all.
4. Ryder wanted to have a party and throw his macaroni and cheese all over the dining room (and I do mean all over, the kid has an arm) but I stopped that little game when I took his bowl and informed him lunch time was o-ver.
5. I ended bath-time promptly when the kids were bathed twice this week. Do you want to know how badly it sucks making a 2 year old and a 3 year old get out of the bath before they are ready? Think about putting a cat into the bath. It was kind of like that but louder. And squirmier.
6. Wouldn't let Ryder climb from the bar stool onto the kitchen counters and stand. I know he's wondering how he got stuck with such a do-gooder. I mean really, nothing says fun like standing on the counters, risking your own life.
7. Backed up Aidan when he said he didn't want them in his room. You thought the bath was bad? It's got nothing on the fight those two threw to play in their older brothers' room. My ears are still ringing.
8. I had the audacity to change Ryder's diaper this week. Every time it was wet or dirty. Apparently dirty diaps don't slow that boy down and the fact that I think he should be clean and dry is a total offense to him. What can I say? I don't like smelling that dirty booty.
9. I wouldn't let Emmerson pack up 3 bags of toys to take in the car to drop Aidan off at school. What kind of mother am I anyway? Why hasn't someone told me how importatant it is for my little girl to be completely prepared to play at a moments notice? If only there was a handbook. Sigh.
10. And finally, I made my children go to sleep every single night this week. That's right. That is the kind of fun ruinin', law abidin' mom I am. And they can't believe they got stuck with me. I mean, it's not like we're getting up to go to work tomorrow so who cares if we stay up really late, eating popcorn and drinking chocolate milk??
Here's to a great weekend and more fun ruinin'. Cheers!